ILZ Consulting is Urgently looking for a Borehole Drilling rig operator based anywhere in South Africa but willing to relocate to Durban.
• Train crews on proper procedures to ensure drills are used safely and effectively
• Install and operate drilling equipment, including moving throttles and levers to control the speed of rotary tables, observing the pressure gauge and regulating tool pressure at the bottoms of boreholes.
• Determine depths of boreholes by counting sections of drill rod
• Operate levers to safely lower and raise casings and drill pipes on and out of wells
• Connect drill pipe sections by using hand tools and powered tongs and wrenches
• Adjust and maintain machinery for proper performance,
• supervision of changing drill bits by the crew members; repairing or replacing defective parts; and cleaning and greasing all points before the start of each shift
• Ensure at all times the proper operation of dust suppressor
• Prioritize the safety of drilling equipment
• Manage and account for all monies transferred as part of the operating budget. To be recorded and reported for each project.
• Assist with other duties outside those of drilling when there are no drilling project
Qualifications and experience:
• Minimum 2 years’ experience in Rotary air percussion drilling, mud rotary and
Application Deadline: 2021/11/30
Job Types: Full-time, Permanent
Salary: R120,000.00 – R144,000.00 per annum
Willingness to travel:
• 90% (Required) as our all projects are located in various locations throughout the
province and country
Please submit the following information to firstname.lastname@example.org:
– Drivers licence